Friday, March 19, 2010

Birthday Boy!

As most of you know, I've really enjoyed decorating cakes for my kids birthdays each year. We've done volley balls, Lightning McQueen, Cowboy boots, Butterflies, even a rabbit jumping out of a hat. The kids always enjoy making suggestions and then being thrilled with what I come up with. They've always looked forward to it. But this month when I asked S what kind of cake he wanted (secretly planning a really cool Rubic's Cube) he sounded bored and completely uninterested. "oh, just surprise me." he mumbled. Later I asked what he wanted for his birthday dinner he said, "Grilled Cheese and Tomato soup."

HOW INSPIRING!

He laughed and got excited when he saw this cake and it's companion! :)





It's a standard cake, cooked on a cookie sheet, with cheddar colored (but regular flavored) frosting in the middle, and the "soup" is vanilla pudding with red food dye. I know, I know, I should have done ice cream... oh well.
:)

2 comments:

McKinnon said...

What an "ubber-cool" mom. You inspire me!
Dayna

Diane said...

Easiest cake EVER!!
:)