Monday, January 12, 2009

What day is it?!


Early this afternoon I noticed our flag was flying. How odd. The kids all know they're not supposed to touch it. Steven must have put it up for me. That was nice of him... what day is it? I checked my palm, nope, no reminder to put the flag out. I searched online, no, today's not a holiday. Perhaps Steven got confused and thought today was Martin Luther King Jr. day.
Eventually I e-mailed Steven asking why the flag was out-- determined that when he replied I would not point out that he'd gotten the wrong day!

His response, "I was wondering that too!" (He noticed it when he came home for lunch.)

Long story short just after breakfast this morning I asked T to put a letter in the mail box for me . He has gone with me to do this before and I always let him help with the letters & the flag. As he left I hollered, "Don't forget to put the flag up!" And so he put the letter in the mail box--completely ignored the flag on the mailbox and instead went into the front hall closet, pulled out our 6 ft flag pole and put it in the flag holder located about3 1/2 ft up the post of our front porch. All with no one noticing too!

Ha Ha, I guess it's Happy Haitian Independence Day!
(actual date is Jan 1st)

:)

3 comments:

ManicMandee said...

Wow! Super impressed with that kid. Good for him. My kids would have been like "Wha? No I can't!"

Marissa said...

That is absolutely hilarious!

jennifer said...

wow, that is amazing! He is a cute kid!!