Today I vacuumed the stairs. This required them first being free of all toys, socks, dishes, diapers etc. With the impending threat of a vacuum sucking up their treasures, the kids were happy to help clean up the stairs.
After that we went upstairs to clean the family room. I helped, the vacuum motivated, and the kids finished fairly quickly, after which I vacuumed the family room & hallway.
I put away the vacuum and headed for the stairs. The stairs were a mess! Anything and everything that could conceivably belong down stairs (and a few things beyond comprehension) had been heaped on the top steps. I expounded in my very best guilt-inflicting-mother-yell something to the effect of "Look at this! These stairs were clean just a few minutes ago and now they are a horrible mess! I don't have the time and energy to waste like this! " Then my 9 yr old son replied with a grin, "Then don't clean the stairs."
Like father like son they have same sense of humor & the same logical thinking, and the same calm way of pointing out my faults. It's awfully hard to scold either one of them!
Still, the family room's clean!
;)











2 comments:
Story of my life!....
Merry Christmas!
Aren't kids great?!? The response I got from my oldest (then 4)after I was fed up with the arguing and fighting was an earnest response of, "Mom, if you didn't want us to fight why did you have 2 of us???" Makes you wonder! Have a Merry Christmas
Dayna
Post a Comment