Monday, December 22, 2008

Another ER visit















After sledding for hours every day-- sledding which includes running and then diving on knees or stomach and then sliding down the hill-- it was an indoor game of freeze tag that finally brought blood. Mom & S headed off to the ER this afternoon to get his eyebrow put back together. Once he realized that his eye was going to be fine then he was brave and pretty casual about the whole thing. Here's what happened just as he told it to the nurse... "Me, T, H & E were playing freeze tag. E and T were already frozen. H charged at me and I was running away fast but she tagged me and I tried to stop but it didn't work out so well. I tumbled into the little kid kitchen table or chair, I'm not exactly sure which." He was a brave boy and we're proud of him. After we left to go to the hospital T sat down on the stairs at home and cried saying "I want my big brother back!" and apparently kept asking when he could go visit S! Too sweet!

So, it's been a long day... I think we'll go decorate Gingerbread houses. :|

2 comments:

amanda said...

When do you finally catch your break?? He should be proud... most guys say I go this many stitches!! And for some reason that is cool!

Schuyler said...

Oh wow- that's not so fun. I'm glad he was brave and made it through! I love to decorate gingerbread houses- I hope you were able to do them. I always have to talk Ryan into buying those kits.