Thursday, August 7, 2008

It only took 3 years!!!!! ;)




About 3 yrs ago I promised to paint a unicorn & a dragon on the girls room wall-- I had already done a bunch of bricks to make it like a castle. I then stressed out over the project for about a year, brought Tabi home and forgot about it for another year, then started remembering, feeling guilty and stressing again.
Since we hope to move next year and school starts in less than a month I knew it was now or never so I began.

4 1/2 hours later I wondered why I had wasted time being so stressed!! It turned out MUCH better than I could have hoped and the girls are thrilled!! (no complaints about missing eyebrows either-- if confused read about the car cake!)

The best part was hearing E say she wished the animals on her wall could come alive and play with her! :) That's when I knew I'd made a memory!

Happy momma,
Diane

P.S. No, I'm not that good-- I own a projector and lots of clip art! ;)

3 comments:

ManicMandee said...

I don't care what you say. Clipart or projector would not help someone like me. Great job Diane!!!

Sarah McBride said...

that looks great woman!!
now come to my house and work on my walls.

Emma said...

Hey Diane,
Thanks for the link to your blog. It looks great. We have one two. Check us out at beckfamilylife.blogspot.com Catch Later...Emma