Thursday, December 24, 2009

Gingerbread!

As is tradition, we made Gingerbread "houses" on Christmas Eve... only this year we didn't buy the box, instead each child got to design their own. It was a TON of fun! So much fun that next year I'm going to do one myself!



H made the Tardis (from Dr. Who)


S made a Daleck (Dr. Who again)

E made a castle (complete with drawbridge and princess)

T made a pizza (how original is that!)


For all those who don't watch BBC... below is a picture of a Daleck (alien creature determined to exterminate every non-daleck creature) and the TARDIS (Time And Relative Dimension In Space-- ie. Time Machine... it's disguised as a Police Public Call Box). :) You gotta watch this show-- and not the version involving very long scarves or decorative vegetables!



Merry Christmas to you all! I truly hope its a good one!
:)

5 comments:

Shawna said...

Sorry... I have to laugh! You're doing all this complicated (well to me) stuff and on your wall it says "simplify". We use grahm crackers. You're like the best mom in the world!

amanda said...

I noticed that same thing!!! Way too much fun. I would like the recipe and instructions on how to cut and cook them so they are easy? Never done them before!

Schofields said...

That sign is such a joke! Actually it really is easy... H & S do it all by themselves now-- draw their pattern, make the gingerbread, put it together, decorate it, everything but making the royal icing. We do have to help E&T (not so much with the pizza). E's castle was a bit more work as we had to stabilize it with BBQ skewers. The whole thing, from measuring the flour to sticking on the candies only took about 3 hours. The kids all begged to do a 2nd one. Tons of fun!! We've always done the kits in the past, this beat the kits hands down. And yes, they eat them!
:)

Sally said...

WOW and YUM! Those look awesome. I can't help but be jealous of the bright beautiful sun shining in through the windows, too!

Elizabeth said...

I really, really, really stink at gingerbread houses. I feel like it's a chore. Maybe bc my kids are still little-ish. Can I have your recipes? Happy New Year!