The kids and I have been on vacation since the end of February at my parent's place in AZ... we're back now and here's a quick look at a WONDERFUL trip!!
We kinda did it all... Hoover Dam, Phoenix, Tombstone etc. We went to an ostrich farm, boot hill, spelunking in Karchner Caverns (truly amazing caves but no photo's allowed), Pioneer village & shoot out, model airplanes, Arizona Science Center, World Wildlife Zoo-- you name it! We also saw Saguaro cactus, rattlesnakes, cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, went swimming, tortoise chasing, and got to feed Grandpa's tortoises and(not Grandpa's) ostriches, deer, Lorikeets, swans, fish, STING RAYS (video coming soon!) :), donkeys, deer-- but not giraffes :( the station was closed. My dad wouldn't let me feed the rattle snake-- actually I just wanted to chase it and get it to coil up for a better photo... but the kids were watching so this is as close as I got (no zoom!)









All in all it was a great vacation, a necessary diversion, and a great learning experience-- yep, I had the kids research and write about the places we were going to-- ie, Wyatt Earp, Hoover Dam, desert life, & AZ in general etc.
We got back at 3AM this morning... I think I need a nap!
:)











5 comments:
Looks like you had a great time!! No pictures of Tabi did she go with you? Looks like a nice and relaxing trip.
Yep, Tabi came with us, she just stood near Grandpa and Grandma for these photos! My hubby was there for part of it too-- the driving parts!
:)
I bet you are beat!!! That looks like a fabulous trip though. I would have never gotten that close to a rattle snake though. I didn't know you had that in you. I sure could use some of that Arizona weather now.
Looks like you had a great trip!!
love the pictures! Now for all the laundry and gettign settled back into your routine right?
What a memorable trip, Diane! I am glad y'all had fun seeing your parents/family. I bet your parents loved being with you and fam. That must have been quite a drive!
Post a Comment