Thursday, October 9, 2008

A good day...

"Tomorrow someone will ask me "How was your evening?" and I'll say "Oh, same old, same old."



Actually I had a very good day today this cartoon was just too funny (& too often true) not to share!
School started a bit late but we finished the 3R's quickly and then slowed down as we learned about the Punic Wars (Rome vs. Carthage from 264BC to 146BC). It was fascinating! At one point an Carthaginian General named Hannibal marched 40 elephants from Carthage (Northern Africa) across Spain & Gahl & then thru/over the Alps to surprise the Roman armies in Northern Italy. Talk about tenacity! The Romans had never seen Elephants (let alone battle trained and brightly painted ones) and were terrified.
History was already the kids favorite subject and it is quickly becoming one of mine as well! Anyways, we made flip books with an elephants face getting larger and larger and larger! I wish I could share that image!

Then lunch, a visit from Tabi's nurse, and so much outdoor play time that the kids came in with red cheeks & blue fingers-- so out came the Hot Coco (I love fall)! Then we all curled up on the couch for a full chapter of The Hobbit. After that Tabi (who hasn't felt well yesterday & today) fell asleep & I did laundry while the kids played dress up.

Now it's dinner time then off to a Volley Ball game for the older two!

Whew! :)

P.S. 7:30PM It just gets better and better, Steven took the 4 older kids with him to the game & I'm sitting here in a quiet and relatively guilt free (ie. clean enough to be healthy/dirty enough to be happy) house eating a big piece of spice cake! :)

1 comment:

ManicMandee said...

You are a super busy woman aren't you? Good job in all that you are doing.