I know, I know, I'm up too late. We have to change TAbi's diaper & position every 2-4 hours even at night. I get the late shift (up till midnight, sleep in till 7) and Steven takes the early shift (goes to sleep about 9 and gets up about 4AM). It's not enough sleep but it's close.
Anyways, keep our baby in your prayers a little longer... she's refusing to eat--if you ask me I'd say she's too medicated to understand what we're trying to do-- she's only had 12oz in the last 24 hours. She hasn't eaten more than that in a day since the surgery. Normally she has 32oz + 3 meals.
I tried not giving her the Tylenol w/ codine and instead gave her Motrin, hoping she'd be more alert & thus eat... it only took an hour or so for the Tylenol to fully wear off and she was in pain... after about 2 hours of almost constant crying I gave up and gave her the Tylenol again. After all she won't eat when she's crying either. Yes I called the Dr., he said be patient another day.
A Home Care nurse is supposed to come by tomorrow so hopefully she'll have some advice. We've already seen what super-dehydrated looks like so we're not panicking or anything, but we are worried about her.
Otherwise it was a near-typical day; I got school & the dishes done --laundry not so much, hence a typical day! ;)
Diane
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











3 comments:
Diane
I'm so sorry.
I wish this could be easier for Tabi and you.
Praying hard for your sweet girl.
~Carol C
The laundry haunts me every day of my life. Let's start a support group.
Poor little Tabi! She will be in my prayers. I hope hope hope she gets better quickly!
I decided to eavesdrop and steal your blog address. :) I must keep up with your beautiful family.
Thank you for giving me strength.
Post a Comment