Saturday, June 28, 2008

Haitian Reunion!

Yesterday and today was the annual Haitian Reunion-- YEAH!!!! We had a TON of fun!
This picture is of T with Majorie and his doll that he named after her, "baby Majorie". She is the wife of the orphange director and a wonderful surrogate mother to the over 300 orphans of Foyer. He was a little timid at first--unsure if we were leaving him there or taking him with us--but once it was time to go home he cried. :(

This picture is of the 1500+ lbs of food donated by our church congregation to Foyer de Sion! The best news is that the 40 x 20 ft container is now FULL and it will sail from TX by the end of the month!! I've added a link to the orphanage's website---where 100% of donations go directly to the orphans!

Thanks for all the fun comments and I'll keep you posted on what's happening in our world!

Take care,
Diane :)

2 comments:

Sally said...

Awesome! I'm glad you guys had a good time and it wasn't too hard on T. By the way, we were at Ethan's T-ball game on Saturday and a little boy (who was also adopted) had the name Ta'Marius and they called him T. It was very cute.

The pictures of Nauvoo were adorable. I wrote a comment, but maybe I didn't put in the code so it didn't register. Anyway, I loved all the slides. You guys did a TON and the girls dresses were beautiful!

I'm glad to see the food drive was a success. And BTW - love the title of the blog! Very cute!

ManicMandee said...

That is WONDERFUL Diane! What great things you do.